Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Another installment of my Tripping Out series, this one a bit different from the first two. This time around we bring out some jams to groove,chill or just smoke out to sum good ol' soul,funk and hiphop grooves.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Hey Boy/Hey Gurl gig tonight at Hierarchy The Fort. Featuring the tunes of The Diegos( Pedicab/Sandwich, Mars (Embassy) and Dj Ponga (Club Idol,Takuza)..featuring Hiphop,ol skool,90's,b-more and more panic tunez!
party starts at 10pm til the pee hours..
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
I've been busy the past few days moving out my stuff to my new studio in the province,which wasnt really easy coz it took me about 5 trips back and forth to transfer most of record collection to the new spot (that's about 15 crates of contraband), and the rest going to my studio in the city. While cleaning out my old spot i found an old beat tape, kinda takin me back to the realm of analog recording: beats going straight to the tape deck,vinyl overdubs and pause tapes. This beat tape is from way back 1997, when i was still using the Roland JS30 sampler(above). Couldnt afford an akai back then so i stucked with this machine, which is only a 2min sampler,4 tracks of recording,no quantize and no saving option. Which means everytime i turn it off all data is lost and im forced to do the same beat all over again. Here's some of the beats on that ol dusty tape.
"Cosmic Boyz"- ya u've heard the sample before but back then i wasnt really into chopping stuff. I've used all 4 tracks on the sampler so i did a one take overdub from the turntable straight to the the tape deck with the sampler.
"Chonam"- Mobb Deep was the shit back then,(remember Hell on Earth?), so the obligatory Queens banger beat.This is my era right here.RZA,HAVOC,MUGGS.
"Daigdig"- Before Kanye made it cool speeding up samples, producers like 4th disciple from the WU fam was spinning em like 45 style. Here's another hardcore banger ala early CNN. This one almost made it to the Down Earf album.
"Manila's finest 2"- one of my lost beats. The main sample was really slowed down to give that eerie feel, but i couldnt remember anymore the original sample i used for it. This beat is supposed to be on the Pamilia Dimagiba album but got lost along the way. Sorry PD.
My 80's mixtape released way back 2006.1 hour and 20 minutes of pure gel music madness!
1. You got me working-Gary V.
2. Like a cannonball-Menudo
3. I dont wanna lose you- David Lime
4. Dont cry- Ken Laszlo
5. Swiss Boy- Lou Sern
6. Somebodys watching me- Rockwell
7. Abracadabra- Steve Miller band
8. Talking in your sleep- The Romantics
9. Everybody have fun tonight- Wang Chung
10. Wanna be startin something- Michael Jackson
11. Just cant get enough- Depeche Mode
12. Bizaare Love triangle- New Order
13. A dream- Robert Grace
14. Who can it be now- men at Work
15. Wild boys- Duran Duran
16. Sunglasses at night- Corey Hart
17. Beat it- MJ
18. You got the power- Juan Miguel Salvador/Gary V
19. Telephone- Sheena Easton
20. Call me- Blondie
21. My sharona- The Knack
22. Rico Mambo- Breakfast Club
23. Take on me- A-Ha
24. Just got lucky- Jo Boxers
25. More you live-Flock of Seagulls
26. I ran- Flock of Seagulls
27. Wake me up- Wham!
28. I feel for you- Chaka Khan
29. Cool it now- New Edition
30. Breakout- Swing Out Sisters
31. Say it isnt so- Hall & Oates
32. Di bale na lang- Gary V
33. All night long (Blend)- Lionel Richie
34. Something about you- Level 42
35. I like chopin- Gazebo
36. Cant go for that- Hall & Oates
37. White lines- Grandmaster Flash
38. Rockit- Herbie Hancock
39. Get on the danzfloor- Rob Base
40. Pure energy- Information Society
41. Pump up the volume- M.A.A.R.S
42. Billie Jean- MJ
43. Dont you want me- Human League
44. Forever young- Alphaville